Former Cool Cities Board member is Sustainability Coordinator at Greener U
Lea Lupkin, who served on the original Cool Cities board when she was a student at Roanoke College, has taken yet another exciting job in the world of sustainability. She is now Sustainability Coordinator at Greener U, a unique energy and sustainability services company dedicated to helping colleges and universities reduce energy costs while lowering carbon emissions and becoming climate leaders. Through innovative and large-scale energy efficiency, renewable energy, cogeneration, behavior change and climate projects, the company brings a highly tailored approach to the higher education community. Lea reports that she work on “the development and implementation of Sustainability Services at this growing company which works with higher education institutions to reduce their carbon footprint and create good environmental stewards. My duties include:
– Conduct research on best practices in campus sustainability, write reports or present findings, and manage internal content management system. Integrate findings into our portfolio of service offerings. As the types and amount of content handled grows, drive improvements to tools and processes.
– Develop, customize and edit sustainability and energy efficiency programs for schools.
– Track and analyze key performance metrics.
– Prepare polished client-facing deliverables.
– Ensure published information is correct, communicated effectively, and targeted appropriately.
– Support the CEO and business development team as needed for marketing, hiring, communication, programming, and more.
– Collaborate with technical and non-technical team members to develop and test innovation ideas.
– Ensure the company is acting on its values, making decisions internally that minimize environmental impact, and optimizing the office space for employee productivity and enjoyment.